Foreign Currency Savings Account
We offer RMB Settlement accounts & Foreign Currency Savings accounts for 10 different currencies to help manage your multi-currency banking needs.
- 10 foreign currencies available
- Flexible, convenient and instant deposit and withdrawal services
- Enjoy fee waiver for Citibank Debit Card on ATM cash withdrawal and balanced enquiry around the world
- Available for cheque acceptance
|Effective Date: Sep-21-2018|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD||0.0100%|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD||0.7500%|
- All rates are for information only and subject to change without notice.
If you don’t have any Citibank savings account, you can bring your ID (Chinese: ID card; Foreigners: Passport) to Citibank branches and sub-branches and open account.
If you have already opened Citibank savings account, you can apply for multi foreign currency savings account deposit through Citibank Branches/sub-branches, or you can contact our Relationship Managers or Personal Bankers for more information.
You can make a reservation online now or by calling Citibank 24-Hour Service Hotline 400-821-1880 / 800-830-1880 (For land lines within mainland China). If you are overseas, please call (+86)-(20)-3880-1267.
- All service charges on overseas ATM withdrawal and enquiry will be waived till 31 December, 2017 (not applicable to Basic Banking Account customers). Extra charges made by some overseas ATMs on top of Citibank and China Union Pay networks still apply. Please refer to the notice on the ATM. Details please refer to Citibank Debit Card.
- Please refer to application form of specific account for final terms and conditions.
- Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. reserves its right to modify or adjust the interest rate of foreign currency deposit accounts at its sole discretion.
- All the return rates and interest rates are rates before tax. Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. will withhold and pay interest tax on your behalf according to relevant regulations.
- Investors investing in non-local currency denominated products should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal when converting non-local currency to local currency.
- The interest of the CNY saving account shall be paid on the quarterly basis, the 20th day of the last month of each quarter shall be the date for the settlement of interest; the interest of foreign currency saving account shall be paid on yearly basis, 21st of Dec of each year shall be the date for settlement of interest, and calculated according to the published saving interest rate on the date of settlement of interest. In case the account is closed before the date for interest settlement, the interest shall be calculated in light of the published saving interest rate from last interest settlement date till the day before account closure. Citibank China adopted accumulated interest calculation method for saving account interest calculation. The accumulated interest calculation method is to calculate interest rate based on daily accumulated account balance multiplying daily interest rate. The formula for calculating interest is: Interest = daily accumulated account balance * daily interest rate, daily interest rate = annualized interest rate / year base. Year base vary by currency: with CNY, USD, EUR, JPY, AUD, CAD, NZD and CHF being 360 days; GBP, HKD and SGD being 365 days for non-leap years, and 366 days for leap years.