We offer RMB Time Deposit and Foreign Currency Time Deposits in 10 different currencies of 5 different tenures to give you more flexibility in managing your short and long-term financial goals.
- RMB & 10 foreign currencies available
- Enjoy higher interest than that of savings account
- RMB 5 different tenures: 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, 36 months
- Foreign Currency 6 different tenures: 2 weeks*, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months
*2 weeks only available for EUR/AUD/CAD/GBP/NZD
- 3 renewal options offering you maximum convenience
Renew both the principal and interest
Renew only the principal and transfer the interest to your savings account
Transfer both principal and interest to your savings account
If you have opened corresponding currency savings account, you can apply for time deposit account at once through below channels: Branches/sub-branches, 24-Hour Service Hotline, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or you can contact our Relationship Managers or Personal Bankers for more information.
If you want to open corresponding currency savings account, you can refer to How to apply Citibank multi-currency savings account.
You can make a reservation online now or by calling Citibank 24-Hour Service Hotline 400-821-1880 / 800-830-1880 (For land lines within mainland China). If you are overseas, please call (+86)-(20)-3880-1267.
You can also enjoy fast, easy and safe booking on Citibank Online Banking.
- Please refer to application form of specific account for final terms and conditions.
- Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. reserves its right to modify or adjust the interest rate of foreign currency deposit accounts at its sole discretion.
- All the return rates and interest rates are rates before tax. Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. will withhold and pay interest tax on your behalf according to relevant regulations.
- Investors investing in non-local currency denominated products should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principle when converting non-local currency to local currency.