QDII bonds are debt instruments issued by governments or large enterprises to raise funds for projects or business. QDII bonds lend money to bond issuers and in return, pay out interests regularly. This adds up to continuous stable income and return of par value amount eventually – good reasons to make QDII bonds part of your financial portfolio.
Choose from either short term bonds or long term bonds based on your investment strategy. In return, the global bond will pay out periodic interests, potential capital gain if you sell it under favorable market conditions or a repayment of face value amount if you hold to maturity. If you’re looking to build a diversified portfolio, speak to us today about investing in QDII bonds.
Special Risk Disclosure: This is an investment product with investment risk. The principal and return are not guaranteed. Investors may incur a principal/return loss due to the associated risks. For specific risks and features, please refer to related terms and conditions stated in the product term sheet.
Click here to check the product code in China Wealth Management Information Registration System
- You want to allocate part of your cash sum now for a specific investment horizon and value.
- You want to be assured of a regular stream of income for a number of years.
- You want to diversify your assets, as bonds tend not to move in tandem with stock market performance.
- Regular Return
Bonds pay out interest income known as "coupons" semi-annually or annually. Investors in need of regular interest income to meet recurring expenses (such as education expenses or retirement) can match these coupon incomes to cover these expenses.
Bonds are flexible instruments that you can hold for short-term and/or for long-term investment. Tenure range of our product is from 1-30 years, or even longer. You can choose bonds with tenures that best suit your investment objectives. Additionally, most bonds are tradable securities, which means you can either hold a bond until maturity or sell it before maturity at the prevailing market price.
- 100% Face Value Protected
At maturity, the issuer will repay the investor the par value in full. In the event the investor redeems it before maturity, 100% face value amount cannot be guaranteed. When held until maturity, a bond’s face value will normally not be affected by market price fluctuations.
Contact your Citibank financial advisor at your nearest Citibank branch today!
Call Citibank 24-Hour Service Hotline 400-821-1880 / 800-830-1880 (for land lines within mainland China). If you are overseas, please call (+86)-(20)-3880-1267.
- This Product shall not be provided to a US person for purposes of US federal income tax, or a person acting for, or on behalf of, a US person, or a person with any of the address(es) registered with the Bank being a US address or any other person who fails to meet the Bank’s sales requirement.
- A bond is an investment product subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Bonds are obligations and liabilities only of the issuer. Unless as otherwise provided, bonds are not bank deposits or obligations of or guaranteed by Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. / Citibank, N.A. / Citigroup Inc. or any of their branches, parent companies, associated or affiliated companies (except in case where Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their parent companies, associated or affiliated companies is the issuer).
The information on the website is not an offer to sell nor is it a solicitation of an offer to enter into a transaction. All expressions of opinion are subject to change without notice. The terms set forth herein are intended for discussion purpose only and are subject to the final expression of the terms of the transaction in the applicable agreements and/or confirmations. Prior to making any investment decision, investors should fully understand the economic risks and merits, as well as the legal, tax and accounting characteristics and consequences of the transaction in order to make their own determination if the investment is consistent with their investment objectives and risk tolerance. Investments are not deposits or other obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank N. A., Citigroup Inc., or any of their affiliates/subsidiaries (including Citibank (China) Co., Ltd. and its branches) unless specifically stated, or by any local government or insurance agency, and are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors with investments denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Past performance is not indicative of future performance, and prices can go up or down.